Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Laundry Love

I am back at work today, after being sick for the last few days. Steve is still sick and at home, and since our dryer is out of commission until the replacement fuses arrive, he has generously offered to take advantage of the non-rainy weather to do a few washes to hang on the line to dry. We are both really enjoying line-drying the laundry, and have a clothesline upgrade project planned for this spring! I hung towels on the line yesterday, which froze, reminding me of the Laura Ingalls Wilder book "The Long Winter".

I also decided for funsies to participate in this online challenge at Nourishing Minimalism. The object is to get rid of 2015 things in 2015. I was already up to 200 things by the ending of January, and have posted the decluttering chart, available at the link above, on our fridge with 200 boxes checked off. Our house is still loaded with stuff, but there are starting to be some clean, empty, and clutter-free spots appearing around the house, which is immensely gratifying.

I got many compliments on my thrifted J Crew sweater today at work, but most importantly it kept me warm in my chilly office!

No comments:

Post a Comment